From time to time, we all feel down. It’s just part of life. But lately, you may find it harder to turn your negative thoughts around. The pandemic has taken a toll on all of us, and feelings of stress and anxiety are very common. But you can take easy steps for ways to be more positive and help boost your frame of mind, and your well-being.
Five Ways to be More Positive
Just follow these easy tips to turn your negative thoughts around and see the brighter side of things:
- Focus on the good in every situation. No matter what, you can re-frame your focus to notice what’s good instead of dwelling on what’s bad. For example, if you’re stuck in traffic, you have a few extra minutes to enjoy your favorite songs. If you got into a fight with a family member, you have the chance to make your relationship stronger. Always look for what’s good in life—and slowly, you’ll be able to stop negative thoughts in their tracks.
- Keep a gratitude journal. This is a top way to help yourself focus on all the good things! Every morning, before your day even begins, write down 3-5 things you’re thankful for. Every day, choose something different. After a little time, it will be easy to see how many wonderful things happen in your life every single day.
- Stick with positive people. The moods of others can easily rub off on you. So, by spending time with positive people, it makes it easier to have a sunny outlook yourself. If you must be around negative people, for example coworkers or family members, try to limit your interactions. OR try to be a positive influence on them—you never know if you can change their day!
- Find humor in your day. Laughing a little can help lighten your mood. Take a few minutes to watch a comedian on YouTube, read a chapter in a funny book or chat with a friend who makes you smile.
- Write some positive affirmations. What situations stress you out? Think about them and write some positive affirmations you can repeat to yourself to help reframe your thoughts. Then, read your affirmations each morning to start your day on a positive note.
Is your job stressing you out?
This is a common complaint, and one you can handle through change. If you’re trying to be more positive but your work situation is dragging you down, maybe it would help to find something new. In the Atlanta area, check out Happy Faces Personnel Group. To learn more, contact us today!