Interviews aren’t for the faint of heart. You’ve worked long and hard to get there—and you want to land this exciting new job! So what can you do to get yourself one step closer to the top of the application stack? It just takes some smart planning and a little perfecting of key interview skills from a top leader of temp jobs in Atlanta—Happy Faces Personnel Group.
10 Tips to Ace Your Next Interview
As you get ready, peruse this list of tried-and-true tactics for best-of-the-best interview success:
- Research the company. Read everything you can: news releases, website information, reviews and articles. You want to be able to have an informed conversation with the interviewer.
- See what the company is talking about. This will give you a clue as to the company culture and values. Check out Twitter!
- Use the product or service, if possible. What does the company provide to consumers? If you can, use the product or service to get a better idea of what they’re all about. This is valuable information and can be a great conversation starter.
- Find out more about the interview. Ask HR or email your interviewer beforehand. Will you be asked a standard set of questions, or those more customized to the job? Do they frequently ask brain teaser–style questions? Will you be interviewed by one person, or several? The more you know, the more you can prepare.
- Practice interview questions. This is a must-do before any interview. It’s especially important to practice your answers to the most common questions, such as, “Tell me about yourself?” and, “What is your greatest weakness?”
- Know your resume inside and out. You’ll be expected to talk about your most recent jobs and accomplishments, so be familiar with everything you list on your resume.
- Give numbers when you can. Did you help improve sales, or click-through rates on a website, by a percentage? How many patients were in your caseload? Regardless of your job, whenever you can share numbers, it helps an interviewer gain a better understanding of your skills.
- Know why you want the job. You’ll be asked some form of this question: “Why do you want to work here?” or, “Why should we hire you?” Have an answer ready to go that explains how your career passion has led you to apply to this job.
- Have 3–5 questions ready. You should always have at least a few questions to ask at the end of the interview. Good questions to ask are:
- “How many people have you interviewed for this position?”
- “Why did the previous person leave this position?”
- “What other questions can I answer to help you make your decision?”
- Dress the part. Your interview attire doesn’t have to be fancy, but it should be clean, pressed and in line with how others at the company dress. In most cases, you can’t go wrong with a simple suit, dress pants and shirt, or skirt and dress shirt for women.
Check Out More Interview Tips
You really can’t overprepare, so just check online for more tips. Then, take some time and get ready to impress!
Looking for a New Job in Atlanta?
In Atlanta and the surrounding areas, Happy Faces Personnel Group is your recruiter of choice. We’ll work with you to understand your career goals and find a job you love. To learn more, contact us today!