We lead very busy lives. Our “to-do” lists are full, and we find ourselves rushing from one thing to the next. But in between the items we’re working to check off exists a little downtime. In a day, you may only have a few moments of this downtime—but when you stretch that out over weeks and months, it turns into a lot of your life spent rushing towards the next thing.
This could be:
- Driving to your kid’s soccer game.
- Waiting in line at the grocery store.
- Sitting in traffic on the way to work.
- Heating something up in the microwave.
And on, and on. There are so many moments of our lives that feel like simple segues into the next thing.
But what if you could change all that?
Enjoying little moments in life
Every moment of your day is a chance to have a little fun or experience joy. So, waste these “in-between” moments simply waiting? Why not do something to fill and enjoy them?
- Listen to a few favorite songs.
- Notice something beautiful outside your window.
- Play with your pet.
- Recall a fond memory.
- Text a friend you haven’t talked to in a bit.
- Read an article.
- Daydream about something fun you’d like to do over the weekend.
- Lookup a new recipe to try.
- Take a few deep breaths and notice the sights and sounds around you.
- Ask your child or spouse how their day was.
- Feel the sun on your face and shoulders.
- Listen to the breeze in the trees (or watch the snow or rain, depending on the weather).
- Think about a fun project you’d like to try, and look up what you’ll need to do it.
There are so many ways to spend those little moments that often pass us by. Get in touch with your inner child and think about what you really used to enjoy, and then indulge yourself for just a few moments. You’d be amazed how taking time to do this can improve your overall happiness.
What about a new job?
If your work situation is getting you down, have no fear—Happy Faces Personnel Group is here! If you’re in search of work in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area, contact us today. We can’t wait to hear from you!