Time for a new job? You’re not alone. Many people have decided it’s time to look around, now that many companies are hiring. You’ll have a lot of options to choose from, but it always helps to have a little help from an expert.
Why Work with a Recruiter?
You may feel like you can handle this on your own, but when you work with a recruiter, your job search gets super-powered. That’s because recruiters offer you some great advantages that your competitors searching on their own won’t have. These include the following:
- Keep your search confidential. The recruiter is doing all the legwork on your behalf, which can be hard to keep quiet when you’re doing it on your own. From phone calls to scheduling interviews, your recruiter has it covered. Actively searching for a new job while you already have one can create a tense situation with your current boss, but you can avoid this when you work with a recruiter.
- Gain direct access to employers. Recruiters work with employers to help them fill open job positions. When you apply on your own, your application and resume end up in a database. But if a recruiter has matched you with an available job, you already know you have what it takes. They will get your paperwork right in front of the employer, and this will come complete with their recommendation.
- Learn about unposted job opportunities. The honest truth is that more than half of most jobs never make it to job boards or websites like Monster or Indeed. That’s because many employers work solely with recruiters to fill jobs. If you’re searching on your own, you won’t learn of these “hidden” jobs like you can when you have a recruiter in your corner.
- Understand how you stack up to your competition. So let’s say you just had an interview and you’re wondering how you did. Your recruiter can give you valuable information about your chances compared to others who interviewed and give you feedback about how you did. If you don’t end up getting the job, this will help you know what to work on and better prepare for your next interview.
- What’s a job really like? A recruiter has these details. The job posting will give some information, but your recruiter can help you learn more about the company and any job specifics that may not appear in the job description.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
Let Happy Faces Personnel Group help. We specialize in helping candidates find jobs they love, and we can’t wait to meet you! To learn more, contact us today!